Sunday 4 October 2015

TOP 5 CORAL LIP SHADES


In the past, I was never exactly daring with my lip colours, sticking to neutral, barely there glosses. Then I discovered the world of orange/coral shades. These shades suit my skin tone and hair colour far more than red ever has - in my opinion anyway - and now there's rarely a time that I don't have some shade of coral on my lips. Since it's the only shade that I've been wearing over the summer, I thought I would round up my top picks - from lip gloss to full on matte liquid lipsticks.

1. Max Factor Colour Intensifying Lip Balm - Charming Coral
This tinted lip balm has a very hydrating, lightweight formula with no stickiness and a lovely fruity scent. The colour is very subtle at first and it can be built up slightly, however it's definitely more of a natural finish with a hint of colour - great for minimal make up days to add a slight splash of colour to you face.

2. Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss - Glorious Grapefruit
I've personally never come across a lip gloss that is as lightweight and non sticky as this one. The doe foot applicator makes for easy application and it's pigmented enough for the colour to be noticeable - making it a great one for if you're on the go. It also isn't obvious if you forget to reapply as it just fades away and doesn't leave any awkward patches on your lips.

3. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick - Sexy Sienna
This one is by far the most pricey of all of the lip shades but I thought it would be good to include a high end alternative. The buttery formula of the Matte Revolution lipsticks makes them feel super hydrating yet they still leave a matte finish which is a tricky combination to come by. The pigmentation is great and you can really build up the colour depending on how bold a look you are going for - and the gorgeous packaging can only be a plus, right?

4. Topshop Lipstick - Ohh La La
This coral shade from Topshop has a glossy and shiny formula - great if you're not a fan of matte lipsticks. They have a really buttery feel on the lips and they last a reasonable amount of time, however it definitely needs reapplying through out the day. Unfortunately, it looks like this shade has been discontinued, however I have linked a shade above which looks pretty similar called 'Macaroon'.

5. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Peach Club
Last but certainly not least is definitely the most bold option of my top 5. I would say this probably tends more towards an orange shade than a true coral, but it's close enough that I had to include it. Whenever I'm wearing a dark outfit and I'm looking for a pop of colour I can always rely on this liquid lipstick. The formula is very light - so light that I can't even feel that I'm wearing it! - and it dries completely matte, some might find this a little too drying but it's okay for me. The bright colour packs a punch and I can wear it for hours upon hours and it will not budge - no need to worry about reapplying! The only downsides are that it has a quite strong almost chemically smell and that it lasts so long, I usually wake up with tinted lips! But if you can look past those two points, it's definitely worth a try, I swear by it!


What are your favourite lipstick shades?

Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LAURA SIAN TAYLOR

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig