Sunday 27 September 2015

AUTUMN NAILS


Summer has felt like a distant memory this week as the autumn chill has certainly taken hold. Not that I'm complaining, as much as I love balmy summer days I think there's nothing better than chunky knits and scarves! I've left summer and bright coral nails behind and I've dug out one of my favourite autumn/winter shades.

I tend to gravitate towards neutral shades for my nails, but after a while I can find it a bit boring which is why I like to switch it up and use Sephora's Formula X nail polish  in the shade 'perfection'.  The muted grey/purple shade is a great transition colour for the autumn as the darker shades begin to make an appearance. It is still a neutral shade but with the purple undertones it feels much more wintery.

As far as the formula goes, I really like it. It's pretty thick but I find it easy enough to work with. I would say two coats of the polish are needed to make the colour completely opaque. I always finish off my nails with the Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat to make them extra shiny and dry faster, however I think without it there would still be a good shine to the polish and it would dry relatively quickly.

Winter is most certainly on it's way and personally, I can't wait! Candles, jumpers, fires and Christmas, bring it on!


Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LAURA SIAN TAYLOR

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig