Sunday 12 June 2016

5 MUST TRY MAKE UP PRODUCTS


Everyone has their own set of products that they absolutely swear by - be it the ultimate coverage concealer or the perfect last-until-the-end-of-time bright lipstick. I love to read about the products that people adore and perhaps try a few of them out for myself. For me, these are the 5 make up products that I will repurchase time and time again (or until they're discontinued...)


First up is the base that I have just recently rediscovered in my stash. The Dr Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm has been a firm favourite of mine for years now. With SPF, skincare benefits and a dewy finish, it's exactly what I look for in a base for the warmer months. It gives the perfect 'lit from within' glow whilst at the same time keeping the skin super hydrated.


For the perfect long wearing bright lip, it has to be Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade Peach Club. It applies much brighter than the packaging might suggest and is the perfect red/orange/coral lip. It's so lightweight I hardly know that I'm wearing it and it's suuuper pigmented - the perfect pop of colour for a monochrome outfit. It claims to last 24 hours, I haven't actually tried this out but from the amount of effort it takes to remove it, I have to take their word for it!


In the past I've had so many issues with my eyeshadow creasing only an hour after I've applied it - super frustrating when I've spent so long perfecting my smoky eye look! Thankfully I discovered the Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and now this is a thing of the past! This gorgeous little product stops my eyeshadow from creasing and makes it to stay put for so much longer.

.
Warmer months mean cream products all around. I wasn't expecting to love the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Palette as much as I do! I can honestly say that I've used it most days since purchasing it. It blends beautifully and gives such a natural contoured look to my otherwise round face. I don't like to go to heavy on the contour, so the darker shade in this palette is perfect for adding subtle definition. I don't use the highlight shade too much as I prefer a more glowing highlight, but it does seem to blend just as beautifully and is a great option for a matte highlight if that's what you're in to.

To finish off my 5 product round up is the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in the shade Soft Pink. It took me a while to get into blush, I've always been mostly a bronzer kinda girl and I was kinda terrified of the stuff. This was the product that converted me just because of how easy it is to apply! I take a SMALL amount on a stippling brush and it blends so easily and seamlessly into my skin that even I haven't had any pink cheek disasters. It gives a lovely subtle injection of colour into the cheeks and is a perfect shade all year round.

I'd love to hear what products you swear by, let me know in the comments!

Follow
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I never apply my eyeshadow without the Nars Eyeshadow Base, it completely changes both the longevity and look of my shadows. It's sticks to my oily eyelids like glue, I've gone though two tubes and I don't think twice about repurchasing it :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just fantastic?! I'm onto my second tube too! x

      Delete
  2. I haven't any of these out so I definitely will be checking them out next time I go shopping! That rouge velvet edition is very pretty I have to admit xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets, they were my first 'liquid lipstick' and I recommend them to everyone who is looking for a good drugstore find!

    www.lovefrommaira.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© LAURA SIAN TAYLOR

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig