Sunday 8 November 2015

OCTOBER FAVOURITES

I can't quite believe that October has already come and gone and I'm already buying Christmas presents, eek! Not that I'm complaining, I'm so excited for Christmas this year, it'll be the first Christmas that I'm not at work for three years and I plan on making the most of it - which will probably mean eating far too much food and watching as many Christmas films as possible! I'm getting a little ahead of myself here - can you tell I'm excited?! - so for now let's calm down and talk about what I was loving in the month of October.

First up, let me start of with my furry boots from Dorothy Perkins which I am obsessed with. I've been wearing them with skirts/dresses and thick tights and they look so so cute. The fur keeps my ankles seriously warm and they are as comfy as my well loved trainers. They're a great alternative to the staple black leather ankle boot and they're just so darn adorable!

My new years resolution this year was to read more books and the winter months are the perfect time to do this. No longer do I feel obliged to go outside and make the most of the summer, now I can get cosy with my blanket and read my Kindle guilt free. I received my Kindle for Christmas last year, after being so against them since they first launched as I just love the look and feel of actual books. But I've got to say, I've read more books so far this year than I have for quite a few years, but I still don't think you can beat the real thing! A couple of books I've been loving recently are Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel and the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver.

Colouring in is definitely the 'in thing' recently which I am so happy about! Since I can remember I've loved nothing more than colouring in, I find it so therapeutic and relaxing. It's a great way of switching off and de-stressing after a crappy day at work. There are so many beautifully illustrated colouring books in stores at the minute that I kind of want to buy them all! I've currently got my eye on The Magical Christmas colouring book by Lizzie Mary Cullen, because, well, it's Christmas designs, need I say more?!

In the way of products this month, there have only been a few things that I've been really loving. The first of which is a nail polish by Essie in the shade Maximillian Strasse-Her. It's a beautiful cool toned grey/green colour. I'm not usually one for green or blue nails, but this is almost a mix of them both with a bit of grey added in for good measure to make the most gorgeous shade.

A mask that I have been obsessed with for a number of months now is the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask. Whenever my skin is playing up or I'm having a bit of a break out I love nothing more than to come home, take off all my makeup and slap a thick layer of it on. The charcoal in the mask draws all of the impurities out of my skin and helps to calm and heal any pesky blemishes. I may be in the minority here, but I love the feel when the mask dries and becomes tight on my skin, I feel like it's really getting rid of all of the dirt and it takes the redness out of my blemishes a treat.

Last but not least is the lip colour that I have been wearing constantly this month - well really this year! It is the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in the shade Sexy Sienna. I did a whole post about coral lip shades which featured this beauty, I'll link it here if you fancy a read, and my obsession continues. It's a beautiful coral shade that stays put on my lips for hours. It's the most buttery and hydrating matte formula that I have ever come across, it doesn't dry out my lips at all! This is definitely my go to lip product and I really recommend checking it out if you're in the market for a new coral toned lip stick.

And there we have it, my favourite products of the month! What have you been loving in October?

Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LAURA SIAN TAYLOR

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig